Order PODD Books Through Alt+Shift
Interested in ordering a PODD communication book through Alt+Shift? Follow these three steps:
1. Attend a two-day introductory PODD training.
- Individuals who have attended the one-day Alternative Access PODD training may also purchase from select eye gaze and partner assisted visual scanning books. Additional selections will be released as they are available.
- Official PODD trainings can be found on the PODD USA website.
2. Own a copy of the PODD software (can be personally owned or through your school/program).
- Direct Access Templates (i.e., books for those who point or touch symbols) can be purchased through Boardmaker.
- Alternative Access Templates are not yet available in the US; however, interested individuals or ISDs can purchase an international copy (i.e., formatted for A4 paper with international vocabulary) through the Cerebral Palsy Education Centre (CPEC) or Spectronics websites. (Note: One page Alternative Access PODD communication books printed through Alt+Shift have been reformatted to letter-sized paper)
3. Follow the steps on the PODD Communication Book order form.
If you have questions related to ordering a PODD book, please contact Carolyn O'Hearn (firstname.lastname@example.org).